As 2016 comes to a close, we reminisce about the awesome, tasty and healthy recipes we have created this year. Involving your children with you in the kitchen develops their tastebuds by trying new and interesting foods, is a great opportunity for them to utilise their fine motor skills and creates beautiful memories to boot.
Take a look below for some of our delicious recipes!
- Frozen Fruit Skewers
- Mini Veggie Balls
- Apricot Energy Balls
- Gluten Free Savoury Cheese Puffs
- Healthy Mini Muffins
- Sandwich Kebabs
- Child-friendly Healthy Guacamole
- Shepherd’s Pie
- Chocolate Bark
Fun and educational too, by having your child participate in the kitchen, they can achieve the following learning outcomes:
Outcome 3: Children have a strong sense of wellbeing
- Engage in increasingly complex sensory-motor skills and movement patterns
Outcome 4: Children are confident and involved learners
- Create and use representation to organise, record and communicate mathematical ideas and concepts
Outcome 5: Children are effective communicators
- Respond verbally and non-verbally to what they see, hear, touch, feel and taste
Here’s to 2016 – Bon appetite!