A simple, family friendly dish that can be eaten hot or cold.
½ cup olive oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 medium sized zucchinis, grated
200g ham, chopped finely
1 cup low fat cheddar cheese, grated
1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour (sifted)
5 eggs, lightly beaten
- Use one teaspoon of oil to grease a 16x26cm baking tin, and preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Heat a medium non-stick frypan and add one teaspoon of oil. Add onion and garlic and cook until the onion is translucent, then remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine remaining oil, cooked onion, garlic, zucchini, ham, cheese, sifted flour and eggs.
- Pour mixture into the baking tin and bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden on top.
- This slice can be served warm or cold.
- Left overs are perfect for lunch the next day.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
Good nutrition is essential for the health and wellbeing of young children. We are proud to partner with NAQ Nutrition, the Qld Division of Nutrition Australia, by producing recipes that are healthy, delicious and aligned with the Australian Dietary Guidelines.